There is always a story behind the story. This column explores beyond the headlines to reveal the hidden tales affecting cultural and social issues throughout the region.There are nights when I cannot sleep; the slogan chanting and cries of panic keep ringing in my ears. There are mornings when I cannot wake up, fearing I’ll […]Continue Reading ...
No one could accuse Theo Randall of having gone off meat. It’s just that the British chef and restaurateur wants everyone to start eating more vegetables, not necessarily for the health or environmental benefits but for the flavours that are unlocked when roots and shoots are used in season and cooked just right.Visiting Hong Kong […]Continue Reading ...
“A massive new road complex is now being planned which will result in the whole of the New Territories eventually being encircled with a ring of modern highways,” reported the South China Morning Post on April 16, 1974. “This will replace what are at the moment, small and often inefficient roads with two-lane dual-carriageways and […]Continue Reading ...
Shopping for an interior designer can be as simple as, well, shopping. Art director and graphic designer Ivan Au and his illustrator wife, Choily Choi, found exactly what they wanted while moseying around Galleon lifestyle store, in Causeway Bay.“I really liked the style of the store, so I asked a friend to find out who […]Continue Reading ...
Masterpiece London – an art and antiques fair traditionally aimed squarely at the international rich – has undergone something of a transformation in recent years. While the decade-old show’s original premise of mixing classical and impressionist art with contemporary pieces continues, items such as furniture and design that had previously made up a hefty proportion […]Continue Reading ...
In 2012, Hong Kong’s transport fans mourned the passing of its old, non air-conditioned double-deckers, popularly known as “hot dog” buses. This week, however, a hot dog bus has appeared in front of Tsim Sha Tsui’s K11 Musea. It’s bright yellow, it’s a Volkswagen and it has one class of fare: hot dogs. It’s an […]Continue Reading ...
Hong Kong native Edward Tang is the director of guest experience for The Upper House hotel as well as Swire sister property Pacific Place Apartments.When I started as a concierge I didn’t have a clue when guests asked me for recommendations. I was really embarrassed, so I started my own food journey.I am very adventurous […]Continue Reading ...
Instagram feeds saturated with stunning shots from across the globe are inspiring a new generation of travellers. But when scenic spots become inundated with inconsiderate snappers, problems usually arise. Jemma Hands has been a digital nomad for the last four years and has noticed an increasing number of photo shoots being done at scenic landmarks. […]Continue Reading ...
- Stephen Colbert Reveals The ‘Beautiful’ Impeachment Moment That’ll ‘Enrage’ Trump
- Brie Bella Considers Pausing Baby No. 2 Plans for a WWE Comeback: “I’d Do Anything to Get in That Ring!”
- American Music Awards Walk Back Statement Over Taylor Swift Songs
- This Is Us Season 4 Fall Finale Gives Us a New Mystery to Solve
- Meghan Markle’s Legal Team Lays Out Claims Against Alleged Tabloid Lies
- Tiffany & Co. Teams Up With Dover Street Market for a Delightful New Line of Jewelry
- Danielle Brooks Welcomes Baby Girl: ‘I Birthed A Diamond’
- This New Bluetooth-Enabled Electric Bike Syncs to Your Phone to Track Every Trip
- Camila Morrone On Why She Addressed 23-Year Age Gap With Leonardo DiCaprio
- Jennifer Lopez Revealed as New Face of Coach in Must-See Announcement Photo
- Emma Watson And Tom Felton Always Had ‘Some Sparks,’ According To Rupert Grint
- Robb Recommends: Morgenthal Frederics New Glasses Can Help You Focus in More Ways Than One
- ‘Chinatown’ Prequel Series in Development at Netflix From David Fincher, Robert Towne
- Seth Meyers Reveals the One Thing Rihanna Is “Bad” at Doing
- Singaporean Pop Star Wils Is Back After He Says Label Dropped Him For Being Gay